Wednesday, March 03, 2004

blogging = big head

Jay has put his Kensho Godchaser blog on hiatus, but he's blogging away at The Zero Boss. Choice quote from a recent post, regarding how few actual active bloggers there are:

News for Bloggers: you're more special than you think. A new report from the Pew Internet and American Life Project argues that only a small minority of Internet users blog - and an ever smaller group actually keep their blogs up-to-date.

Given what I've seen while cruising the Web, that's not surprising. There's a lot of dead wood out there. Blogging consistently takes time, patience, and no small degree of talent. Not to mention a high degree of megalomania and self-importance.

Did I just write that?


This is consistent with Glenn's "blogging is narcissism" theme. Yep.

It's Wednesday. Anything goes. I'll be slapping up some poor Korean translations much later this evening. When the Marmot says his translations might not be perfect, he's just being modest-- the guy's a beast with the language, really spot-on, at least from where I sit as an advanced-intermediate-level speaker and low-level reader/listener. When I say my translation is bad, however, I'm just being honest.

In that spirit, I invite correction from any and all Koreabloggers. Stick comments in Vile Vituperation on the sidebar, or email me. And give thorough explanations for your corrections, please; the object of the game is to learn. I can't afford Korean class right now, so I've decided to work on reading and translating skills this way. In fact... I'm wondering whether I shouldn't change Anything Goes Wednesdays into Korean Translation Wednesdays. The discipline would do me a lot of good.

Hmmmm. Yes, it's certainly a thought.

_

No comments: